Is it Wrong For A Lady to Help The Man Pay the Rent?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is it Wrong For A Lady to Help The Man Pay the Rent?

paulomogie.com
Administrator
This post was updated on .
As Africans this can be a very sensitive discussion as so many ladies believe that a man should always foot the bills. In countries like America, here bills are shared. I want us to discuss this deeply... Should a lady help or leave the bills for the man? Drop your thoughts.
Blogging and Business Mentor
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is it Wrong For A Lady to Help The Man Pay the Rent?

Debbie Mercy
WHAT IS RELATIONSHIP? It is a state of involving in mutual dealings between a man and a woman .now to the question is it wrong for a lady to help the man pay the rent? No it is not, When one is in a relationship you both have agree to bear each other problems, for a lady to help her man is not wrong at all but people now a days have seen it to be wrong ,they believe that once you are in a relationship the man only is responsible for for every finance activities which suppose not to be. they have agree to come together so all the activities in the relationship most be done in unity not on single person for the betterment of the relationship
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
Debbie Mercy wrote
WHAT IS RELATIONSHIP? It is a state of involving in mutual dealings between a man and a woman .now to the question is it wrong for a lady to help the man pay the rent? No it is not,
When one is  in a relationship you both have agree to bear each other problems, for a lady to help her man  is not wrong at all but people now a days have seen it to be wrong ,they believe that once you are in a relationship the man only is responsible for for every finance activities  which suppose not to be. they have agree to come together so all the activities in the relationship most be done in unity not on single person for the betterment of the relationship
Wow girl you are so so sweet... Awww.

Well seriously you have made a lot of valid points here.

A relationship should be grown and groom together and not to be left for one person to manage and handle... I love this your opinion
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Beneche007
In reply to this post by paulomogie.com
Personally I don't think it's wrong if a lady pays the rent the rent if her man is struggling then there is no big deal but where I won't encourage such is if the man is lazy and deliberately doesn't want to work then such a man is useless ...this is my 2cents about this topic
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
Beneche007 wrote
Personally I don't think it's wrong if a lady pays the rent the rent if her man is struggling then there is no big deal but where I won't encourage such is if the man is lazy and deliberately doesn't want to work then such a man is useless ...this is my 2cents about this topic
Well said. You made a very valid point, "unless if the man is lazy". This is very serious point you raised here.
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Zainab
No it's not wrong for a lady to help a man pay rent.life is all about helping each other, especially when it has to do with someone you share feelings with .
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
Zainab wrote
No it's not wrong for a lady to help a man pay rent.life is all about helping each other, especially when it has to do with someone you share feelings with .
Awww that's so sweet... But what if the guy is lazy?
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

The 4 Nations
In reply to this post by Debbie Mercy
It's not wrong when the guy is hard working and generous but it becomes very wrong when the guy is always demanding for assistant even when he is working he tends to use statement like I am saving my money for our marriage so you LL be fronting the bills for now babe you LL be in trouble when you eventually marry him that's when he didn't elope with someone else.
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
The 4 Nations wrote
It's not wrong when the guy is hard working and generous but it becomes very wrong when the guy is always demanding for assistant even when he is working he tends to use statement like I am saving my money for our marriage so you LL be fronting the bills for now babe you LL be in trouble when you eventually marry him that's when he didn't elope with someone else.
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mhizgold
It's not wrong until it becomes wrong, in essence it's not a big deal to pay rent for a man but it becomes wrong or a big deal if the man is a lazy type that doesn't want to find something doing. I cannot also pay rent for a selfish man a man that when he has can't treat his girl right. A man that always wait for his girl to ask before giving not all men deserve a lady that can pay their rent they aren't worth it. A good man will always remain good even when they don't have the Lady will understand there are some guys they only have small money they ought to use but they just give it out to their babe trust me such men deserve this kind of lady
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
Mhizgold wrote
It's not wrong until it becomes wrong, in essence it's not a big deal to pay rent for a man but it becomes wrong or a big deal if the man is a lazy type that doesn't want to find something doing. I cannot also pay rent for a selfish man a man that when he has can't treat his girl right. A man that always wait for his girl to ask before giving not all men deserve a lady that can pay their rent they aren't worth it. A good man will always remain good even when they don't have the Lady will understand there are some guys they only have small money they ought to use but they just give it out to their babe trust me such men deserve this kind of lady
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

The 4 Nations
In reply to this post by Mhizgold
My dear some will treat you right but have a way of taking it back. You will pay back in a double fold.
I have an aunty that was in a relationship and the guy said they should be saving for their marriage. She was saving 70% of her salary in a joint acct they opened together but anyone can be a signatory to the acct. The remaining 30% the guy LL come and say their some thing he wants to do and it's for their benefits after he had cajoured her she LL drop 10% of the remaining 30% since her tithe is 10% so she LL be left with 20%. My dear the guy was working. He wasn't lazy and aunty believed in having a future with him. All of a sudden the boy's sister called her that their brother impregnated a girl and he has gone to do introduction for the girl. That the marriage will be in 3 months time. She was calling the boy and he was not picking his call. He went to his house the guy was always not at home only for her to report to the family. The family apologized to her for the time wasted but her money is gone. It took her 6 years before she was able to come over it. The guy is happily married with an eloped money. So ladies be wise. Give with wisdom beko
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
You are talking of experience
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mhizgold
Reply | Threaded
|

The 4 Nations
Yes oh that is the worse teacher
Experience is the best teacher when it is not your experience because you may not survive it as a personal experience
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
@ Paulomogie.com
Reply | Threaded
|

arizona2k5
I personally think "understanding" is the most important thing in a relationship... Once that exists, the issue of who pays this or that, and who must pay this or that all the time, won't come into play. The westerners do it all the time, the couple share in all responsibilities regardless of who earns more or less.

I recall when I was In China, there was this French couple, the man works and the woman does not... I and the man leave almost at the same time to work, we either use the metro or bus together. From there we got close and at times we hold casual talk. On one particular occasion, he kept commending the wife, I was forced to ask why he repeatedly praised her. And he said the the most amazing thing I ever heard... "our kid's school fees is due and I haven't been paid yet. I told my wife to take the kid to school herself and explain things to them and she said; don't worry dear I have some money that I save whenever you drop weekly allowance for the house, it's more than enough and I will use it for his school fees"...

Wow!!! She's not even working ooo.

In Africa, it's never so - if I here! Some would have and you don't, yet they'd expect you to go find money by any means to sort things out
Reply | Threaded
|

otaruenero
As a couple, the wife can help pay rent. After all, wives are Biblically called helpers.
Reply | Threaded
|

The 4 Nations
They are talking about boyfriend and girlfriend not husband and wife
Reply | Threaded
|

paulomogie.com
Administrator
The 4 Nations wrote
They are talking about boyfriend and girlfriend not husband and wife
@ Paulomogie.com